Friday, February 3, 2012

Chapattis, Dosa, Chutni OHHH MYYY!!!!

I LOVE EATTING WITH MY HANDS!!!  I learned how to eat rice with one hand. It took some practice but I got it.  Note: you can only eat with your right hand as your left hand is seen as dirty because it is the hand you use to clean yourself when you use the bathroom.
I LOVE that being a VEGETARIAN is NORMAL HERE!!!
I LOVE how SPICY and COLORFUL all the food is!!!
So some examples of some foods I have been eating are:
Kashimbar – salad (mostly made of fruits or tomatoes with other veggies) but not lettuce, which I found interesting
Chapattis – fried dough.  It is delicious.  You make it with water, salt, and flour.  It’s similar to a tortilla.
Dosa – similar to a chapatti but it is made with rice flour and its thinner and crunchy.
Chutni – vegetables with spices; it is eaten with chapattis and dosas.
Rice – so many different types – I love it.  My taste buds are in heaven here.
Usal = lentil and is high in protein
Aamti = lentil soup.
Pohe, Sabudana Khichadi, upma, and palak paratha, are all things I have eaten but am not sure how they are made.



No comments:

Post a Comment