Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shopping!!!

So I finally got to go shopping!!! I went to the Phoenix Mall with my host sister on Republic Day because there was a massive sale.  Republic Day was when India officially became a republic with their own constitution. 
The sale was if you purchase 2,000 in rupes, which is the equivalent of $40, we get 2,000 rupes worth of clothes FREE.  So I got $80 worth of clothes for just $40.  I purchased 3 individual Kurtis, which are long shirts with slits on the side.  I also purchased a pair of Punjabi pants that goes with the Kurtis, which makes me feel like Jasmine from Aladdin.  I also purchased 2 sets, which includes a kurti, pants and a scarf. 
I am not a shopper back home but I love the clothes here and I am crazy enough to wear these clothes back home in America.  What can I say, I like to stand out!!!!
P.S. What I am wearing is a KURTI!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment